Jefferson County, Alabama

Property Valuation Protests


Property valuation notices were mailed on Friday, May 24th from the Jefferson County Board of Equalization. The protest period is open until June 24, 2024. If you want to file a protest you can do so online by going here, or you can mail or hand deliver your protest request to us. In your protest you must submit evidence to substantiate your objection to the value. Your protest can result in an increase, a decrease, or no change in value based on the evidence you provide. More information on the process can be found here.

Please note that the BOE follows a state mandated formula for determining these values. If you have questions you can call the Birmingham Office at 205-325-5566 or Bessemer 205-481-4120.