The Compliance Office's mission is to create a culture of excellence, integrity, accountability, and ethical behavior by ensuring compliance through standards, procedures, policies, internal controls, and training. Jefferson County Commission (JCC) is proud of our recent compliance performance and the positive reputation for compliance that exists with our employees and community.
Formerly the Equity and Inclusion Division of Human Resources, the Compliance Office is now an independent department reporting directly to the County Manager. As a newly implemented office, we ask that all employees engage the Compliance Office and partner with us as we implement efforts to produce operational excellence throughout our organization.
The Compliance Office is responsible for the following actions within the organization.
- Manage the Compliance and Ethics Program
- Ensure an annual review of Rules / Administrative Orders (AO) by the appropriate owners to confirm up-to-date standards within the organization
- Ensure adequate communication, education, and training related to Compliance operations
- Administer Jefferson County Commission Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives within the organization
- Promote a culture of internal monitoring of operational processes and procedures for continuous improvement
- Ensure the organization is aware of the rules and consequences for non-compliance detailed within our internal progressive discipline process
- Maintain an internal reporting system for employees to report misconduct
- Administer the organization's Workplace Investigation process and corrective action recommendations
To ensure effective compliance program administration, the office will work closely with all JCC leadership to establish Compliance Partners. As liaisons, the Compliance Partners will
- Help spread messaging within the departments
- Provide updates to the Compliance Office about possible issues affecting culture advancement
- Work with their department leadership to mitigate potential noncompliant situations