With the growing need for skilled and qualified workers, our paid Water Reclamation Apprenticeship program provides excellent opportunities to start and grow your career.
This program was created to build a pipeline of skilled and certified Water Reclamation Facility Operators to fill a significant number of future vacancies created by our workforce reaching retirement age.
Whether you are looking for a new career path, recently graduated high school, interested in learning a new trade, or enjoy math and science and want to contribute to our local environment, Jefferson County would love to have you on our team!
- Paid Apprenticeship with Competitive and Progressive Salaries
- Enjoy industry-competitive compensation.
- Progression from one salary level to the next higher salary level will be contingent upon passing the requisite exam and successful completion of the job duties for that current level.
- Outstanding Fast-Track Career Advancement Opportunities
- Progression to the next operator level requires the passing the program’s comprehensive exams, satisfactory performance evaluations, and passing the required level of the ADEM examination.
- Advance from an Apprentice to a Water Reclamation Facility Operator IV in just 24 months.
- Training & Development
- Up to 24-month program with online, mandatory classroom instruction and on-the-job training (OJT) to include but not limited to math sessions, self-study, lab sampling and analysis, maintenance, water reclamation processes, and safety.
- Jefferson County preparatory comprehensive exams and ADEM examination.
- Under the guidance and mentorship of existing certified personnel.
- Wonderful Benefits
- Take advantage of medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, disability benefit, and life insurance options.
- Work-Life Balance
- Enjoy paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.
We invite you to explore this exciting apprenticeship program! Check out more details here. We announce this job opening twice a year, once in the Winter and again in Spring at www.jobsquest.org. To stay abreast of this opportunity, contact the Human Resources Department’s Water Reclamation Careers phone line at 205-325-1404 or email us at email@example.com.