|Due to the upcoming transition of Cooper Green Mercy Health Services to the new Jefferson County Healthcare Authority, the Jefferson County Coroner/Medical Examiner's Office will no longer be able to provide 24/7 body removal at our facility.|
Beginning March 17, 2020, the following will be the new body removal hours:
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Saturday, Sunday, and county holidays 7:30 am - 11:30 am
The following are the new body removal procedures:
- Park in the rear loading dock area near the entrance of the two ramps (you no longer must check in with Cooper Green Mercy Health Services Security Department).
- Walk up the main loading dock ramp to the outside body storage Cooler B.
- Push the call button labeled "CORONER" on the intercom box beside the gate.
- When a coroner's office staff member answers the intercom, identify yourself, who you represent, and the decedent you will be removing.
- One of our staff will come to release the body to your custody.
We appreciate the relationships we have with you, our mortuary partners. It is our hope that this change will not cause too much of an inconvenience.