World Games Citizen access information
For information on the World Games, tickets, and access to venues visit the official site TWG2022.com!
During the World Games, many streets around the downtown Jefferson County Courthouse will be closed to thru traffic. The Courthouse will remain open for citizens to transact business but offers the following suggestions and alternatives:
Information on courts: Click Here
Information on Probate court: Click HereBe a happy resident - do your business online. Here is a list of things you can do online and save yourself the trip!
- Renew your car tag
- Renew your boat registration/
- Order vital records like a copy of your birth certificate, marriage, or divorce paperwork/
- Renew your driver’s license
- Apply for a sewer, building or zoning permit
- Pay your sewer bill
- Pay Traffic Tickets
Visit one of our satellite locations instead of making the trek downtown:
- Bessemer Courthouse: 1801 3rd Avenue, Bessemer, AL 35020
- Center Point: 2651 Center Point Road, Birmingham, AL 35215
- Hoover: 1901 Hoover Court, Birmingham, AL 35226
- Northern Satellite: 651 Main Street, Gardendale, AL 35071
These locations offer tag renewals, change of addresses, new car tags, etc. Driver's License are issued by ALEA (Alabama Law Enforcement Agency) located in at the Bessemer Courthouse, and at 908 Bankhead Hwy. W, Birmingham, AL 35201. Note: You can only get a learner’s permit at an ALEA (Alabama Law Enforcement Office Agency office), and if you are moving here, you need to go to the ALEA Office to apply for an Alabama Driver License. STAR ID’s are only available at ALEA Driver License examining offices as well.
Still need to come downtown? Here is what you need to know:
There will be no street parking available around the courthouse, we suggest taking a free shuttle and walking to the courthouse, and you will have to show paperwork that you have business with the county in order to get through the barricades.
Go ahead and take care of your business now and avoid the July 2 – July 17 window when these restrictions will be put in place.